modern / jazz
Book Your Classes Now
modern / jazz
Welcome to Aberdeen’s biggest performing arts school!
Dance | Singing | Acting | Gymnastics | Musical Theatre
Friendship, fun and fitness from 18-months-old all the way to adulthood
If you don’t know us yet…
Aberdeen Academy of Performing Arts (AAPA) is an award-winning dance, acting and musical theatre school in the heart of Aberdeen. We have a gymnastics club, too!
It’s all about…
Good Vibes only + Community over Competition + Progression over
Perfection. You want to instil only the very best values in your little learner, right? Well, we’re right there with you!
Good vibes only
Life is tough out there, especially for young minds. But the studio is a ‘happy place’. When your child steps into AAPA, they’re instantly busy doing what they love and sharing it with others. Stresses and strains are replaced with sparkle and sunshine, we promise you!
Community over competition
The belief that ‘everyone is a star and has the right to shine’ is at the heart of ourclasses. Your child will love the happy and supportive community. And they’ll learn valuable life lessons – the fact that everyone gets their turn to take centre stage, for example.
Progress over perfection
Whether you’ve got a budding West Ender or an adrenaline-junkie who loves being themselves, they’re valued. Everyone is unique, and every child can express themselves when they’re ready.
Five things your child will love about AAPA, we promise:
• The life-changing opportunities. From performing on-stage at Disneyland Paris to doing ballet with professional Russian dancers to attending gymnastics festivals.
• The qualified, professionally trained and extremely experienced teachers. Here, students aren’t just numbers. Your children have names, feelings, goals and ambitions, and we want to help in any way we can.
• The chance to make friends for life. Our students say having fun
and performing with their newfound friends is the best feeling ever!
• The option to be the best they can be, in shows & competitions. AAPA students often get into top London colleges and win dance competitions, but exams, productions, competitions and auditions are all optional. So is registering with the casting agency.
• The family vibe. Everyone’s welcome.
Being a boy I was quite nervous to start going to classes, however straight away I felt comfortable in a class mainly madeup of girls, they don’t treat me any different, I can just be me and now I have lots of really close friends at AAPA. I am now doing Tap, Ballet, Jazz and Acro when all I started doing was Musical Theatre ! I have definately come out of my comfort zone to try new things.
I started classes at AAPA when I was 7 and I now go almost every day! I love APAA because it keeps me fit and active and I have made lots of new friends. I love doing all the Shows and Competitions – they have given me lots of confidence.
I’ve been with AAPA since I was a baby at the Mac the Monkey classes, moving up each year with new skills and more confidence. The best part is the friendships I’ve made along the way and being part of the AAPA family.